Anna Hazare will deliver feel supporters
Mumbai: Supporters of Anna Hazare gathered
here to participate in the three-day fast for a strong Lokpal
believe the anti-graft activist will help rid the country of
Ashwini and Arti from Powai said, "We principally agree
with what Anna says...So coming here was our way of expressing
support and solidarity." The two women do not plan to stay
overnight but will return tomorrow.
Those from outside Mumbai like Manoharlal Chaurasia from
Bhopal, who will fast with Hazare, says he would be backing
the Gandhian fully for a strong Janlokpal.
"He wants the CBI and PM to be under Lokpal. I am fed up
with corruption. I had to pay bribe to lawyers and judges and
police. When I heard Anna, I felt he was voicing my feelings,"
Vijay Pulaste and Satyanarayan Panchal, who have come
from Haryana, Sunil Arya and Nano Varma from Delhi, do not
want Hazare to plunge into politics.
"We are impressed with the `tyag aur samarpan`
(renunciation and dedication) of Anna. We believe in the
`Rananiti` (strategy) of Kejriwal and leadership of Anna,"
Panchal said people were disillusioned with Parliament
because it was not heeding `Lokbhavna` (public sentiment).
"If people`s sentiments are not respected, they will
be forced to look for other alternatives," said Sunil.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- PMO seeks report on Air India flights delayed by Fadnavis, Rijiju; Aviation Minister apologises
- Washington Navy Yard lockdown: As it happened