Anna to receive Rs 25L award for rural development
Mumbai: Social activist Anna Hazare will
receive an award of Rs 25 lakh from a Delhi-based organisation
for his contribution to rural development.
The award, instituted by Sitaram Jindal Foundation, will
be given on February 23 at a function in New Delhi, Hazare`s
aide Datta Awari told from Ralegan Siddhi.
"Hazare will also attend a Team Anna core committee
meeting in Delhi on February 22," Awari said.
Hazare returned to his native Ralegan Siddhi village on
Saturday with core committee member Arvind Kejriwal after
Undergoing ayurvedic treatment at a hospital in Bangalore for
persistent cough, backache and swelling on hands and feet.
He had left Ralegan Siddhi on January 29 and went to a
Gurgaon hospital for a thorough check-up, after which he went
to Bangalore on January 31 and was there till Saturday.
Awari said Hazare was advised regular walks and he has
been going around the village, inspecting ongoing work on ITI
building and is also meeting villagers.
Yesterday, Hazare met activist Banda Maharaj Karadkar and
discussed the issue of toll charges on state roads. Hazare has
been a vocal opponent of the toll policy, saying people were
being charged fee for badly built roads.
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Docoss X1: Hurry up! Online booking for Rs 888 smartphone to end today
- Good news for 'Feni' lovers! Goa's traditional brew to get 'heritage spirit' tag
- Whoa! Sidharth Malhotra feels 'ishq wala love' for Alia Bhatt?
- After Salman Khan, IOA approaches Sachin Tendulkar, AR Rahman to be Goodwill Ambassadors
- IMF sees emerging market innovations as 'crankiness' of Governor: Raghuram Rajan