Anna to receive Rs 25L award for rural development
Mumbai: Social activist Anna Hazare will
receive an award of Rs 25 lakh from a Delhi-based organisation
for his contribution to rural development.
The award, instituted by Sitaram Jindal Foundation, will
be given on February 23 at a function in New Delhi, Hazare`s
aide Datta Awari told from Ralegan Siddhi.
"Hazare will also attend a Team Anna core committee
meeting in Delhi on February 22," Awari said.
Hazare returned to his native Ralegan Siddhi village on
Saturday with core committee member Arvind Kejriwal after
Undergoing ayurvedic treatment at a hospital in Bangalore for
persistent cough, backache and swelling on hands and feet.
He had left Ralegan Siddhi on January 29 and went to a
Gurgaon hospital for a thorough check-up, after which he went
to Bangalore on January 31 and was there till Saturday.
Awari said Hazare was advised regular walks and he has
been going around the village, inspecting ongoing work on ITI
building and is also meeting villagers.
Yesterday, Hazare met activist Banda Maharaj Karadkar and
discussed the issue of toll charges on state roads. Hazare has
been a vocal opponent of the toll policy, saying people were
being charged fee for badly built roads.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India