Army bribery case: Antony to depose as witness?
New Delhi: Defence Minister AK Antony may be called in as a witness in the Army Chief bribery case, sources said on Wednesday.
Reports said once the CBI registers the case, it may call the Defence Minister to record his statement.
Notably, Army Chief General VK Singh had said that he had informed Antony about the bribe offer made to him, a claim corroborated by the Defence Minister in Parliament.
Meanwhile, reports also said that Gen Singh may file a written complaint in the matter on March 30, following which the CBI would register an FIR.
Gen Singh, who is at present on a tour, has told CBI officials a decision to file the complaint would be taken by him on his return.
Meanwhile, sources said that various television channels which had
aired his interview as well as the one which had interviewed
him had been requested to submit their tapes to the CBI.
Gen Singh had claimed in the interview that a former Lt
Gen had offered him a bribe of Rs 14 crore.
In the meantime, the CBI has conveyed to Defence Ministry
that they should keep the files pertaining to the deal about
procurement of Tatra trucks in readiness as the agency may
register a separate case in this.
The Army Chief did not name the make of the vehicles but in a press
release issued by the Army on March 5, there is reference to
retired Lt Gen Tejinder Singh who was accused of offering a
bribe on behalf of Tatra and Vectra Limited, which supply
vehicles to BEML.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state