Close aide of Delhi HC blast accused killed
Srinagar: The security forces on Monday narrowly missed catching Delhi High Court blast accused Chota Hafiz when they gunned down his close associate Akhtar Hussain in an encounter in Kishtwar.
Hussain was a militant of the Lashkar-e-Toiba.
Sources said Hafiz was present at the encounter site just before the security forces reached there.
The blast had taken place in the parking lot of the Delhi High Court on May 25 last year.
The case is being probed by the National Investigation Agency (NIA).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Fresh FIR against Radhe Maa on complaint by Dolly Bindra
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?