Close aide of Delhi HC blast accused killed
Srinagar: The security forces on Monday narrowly missed catching Delhi High Court blast accused Chota Hafiz when they gunned down his close associate Akhtar Hussain in an encounter in Kishtwar.
Hussain was a militant of the Lashkar-e-Toiba.
Sources said Hafiz was present at the encounter site just before the security forces reached there.
The blast had taken place in the parking lot of the Delhi High Court on May 25 last year.
The case is being probed by the National Investigation Agency (NIA).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing