Close aide of Delhi HC blast accused killed
Srinagar: The security forces on Monday narrowly missed catching Delhi High Court blast accused Chota Hafiz when they gunned down his close associate Akhtar Hussain in an encounter in Kishtwar.
Hussain was a militant of the Lashkar-e-Toiba.
Sources said Hafiz was present at the encounter site just before the security forces reached there.
The blast had taken place in the parking lot of the Delhi High Court on May 25 last year.
The case is being probed by the National Investigation Agency (NIA).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video