Close aide of Delhi HC blast accused killed
Srinagar: The security forces on Monday narrowly missed catching Delhi High Court blast accused Chota Hafiz when they gunned down his close associate Akhtar Hussain in an encounter in Kishtwar.
Hussain was a militant of the Lashkar-e-Toiba.
Sources said Hafiz was present at the encounter site just before the security forces reached there.
The blast had taken place in the parking lot of the Delhi High Court on May 25 last year.
The case is being probed by the National Investigation Agency (NIA).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days