Cong MP serves privilege notice against Kejriwal
New Delhi: Congress MP Sajjan Singh Verma
has served a privilege notice against Team Anna member Arvind Kejriwal for calling MPs "rapists, murderers and looters"
during an election campaign rally last month.
The Lok Sabha Secretariat has sought reply from Kejriwal
following the receipt of the notice from Verma, a Congress MP
from Madhya Pradesh`s Dewas, a Team Anna member said here
This will be the second time Kejriwal has been served a
privilege notice in the past seven months. Earlier in
September last year, Kejriwal was served a notice for making
"derogatory" remarks against Parliamentarians during Hazare`s
agitation in Ramlila Maidan in August.
In his notice, Verma has mentioned Kejriwal`s speech in a
rally in Ghaziabad last month in which he called MPs "rapists,
murderers and looters", evoking sharp reactions from
"In this Parliament, 163 members have cases of heinous
offences against them. In this Parliament, rapists are
sitting, murderers and looters are sitting. How can you expect
Jan Lokpal Bill to be passed by Parliament? How can you expect
that you can get reprieve from poverty and corruption,"
Kejriwal had said on February 25.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?