Cong MP serves privilege notice against Kejriwal
New Delhi: Congress MP Sajjan Singh Verma
has served a privilege notice against Team Anna member Arvind Kejriwal for calling MPs "rapists, murderers and looters"
during an election campaign rally last month.
The Lok Sabha Secretariat has sought reply from Kejriwal
following the receipt of the notice from Verma, a Congress MP
from Madhya Pradesh`s Dewas, a Team Anna member said here
This will be the second time Kejriwal has been served a
privilege notice in the past seven months. Earlier in
September last year, Kejriwal was served a notice for making
"derogatory" remarks against Parliamentarians during Hazare`s
agitation in Ramlila Maidan in August.
In his notice, Verma has mentioned Kejriwal`s speech in a
rally in Ghaziabad last month in which he called MPs "rapists,
murderers and looters", evoking sharp reactions from
"In this Parliament, 163 members have cases of heinous
offences against them. In this Parliament, rapists are
sitting, murderers and looters are sitting. How can you expect
Jan Lokpal Bill to be passed by Parliament? How can you expect
that you can get reprieve from poverty and corruption,"
Kejriwal had said on February 25.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation – Part II
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof