`Electronic media ignoring CPI poll coverage`
Lucknow: The Communist Party of India (CPI)
on Tuesday demanded setting up of a high-level committee to monitor
the electronic media for allegedly ignoring the party in
Assembly poll coverage.
The party today filed a complaint with the Election
Commission, demanding setting up of the committee comprising a
retired justice of the Supreme Court to monitor the contents
of TV channels.
"The electronic channels are ignoring CPI`s coverage.
They are giving weightate to SP, BSP, Congress and BJP only.
The channels are giving due coverage to only those parties,
which can help them monetarily by giving advertisements unlike
CPI," party state secretary Girish said.
He demanded that besides a retired SC justice, the
committee should also have a senior member of Press council,
retired election commissioner and an independent intellectual
person to keep an eye on channels.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM