`Electronic media ignoring CPI poll coverage`
Lucknow: The Communist Party of India (CPI)
on Tuesday demanded setting up of a high-level committee to monitor
the electronic media for allegedly ignoring the party in
Assembly poll coverage.
The party today filed a complaint with the Election
Commission, demanding setting up of the committee comprising a
retired justice of the Supreme Court to monitor the contents
of TV channels.
"The electronic channels are ignoring CPI`s coverage.
They are giving weightate to SP, BSP, Congress and BJP only.
The channels are giving due coverage to only those parties,
which can help them monetarily by giving advertisements unlike
CPI," party state secretary Girish said.
He demanded that besides a retired SC justice, the
committee should also have a senior member of Press council,
retired election commissioner and an independent intellectual
person to keep an eye on channels.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India