`Electronic media ignoring CPI poll coverage`
Lucknow: The Communist Party of India (CPI)
on Tuesday demanded setting up of a high-level committee to monitor
the electronic media for allegedly ignoring the party in
Assembly poll coverage.
The party today filed a complaint with the Election
Commission, demanding setting up of the committee comprising a
retired justice of the Supreme Court to monitor the contents
of TV channels.
"The electronic channels are ignoring CPI`s coverage.
They are giving weightate to SP, BSP, Congress and BJP only.
The channels are giving due coverage to only those parties,
which can help them monetarily by giving advertisements unlike
CPI," party state secretary Girish said.
He demanded that besides a retired SC justice, the
committee should also have a senior member of Press council,
retired election commissioner and an independent intellectual
person to keep an eye on channels.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday