`Electronic media ignoring CPI poll coverage`
Lucknow: The Communist Party of India (CPI)
on Tuesday demanded setting up of a high-level committee to monitor
the electronic media for allegedly ignoring the party in
Assembly poll coverage.
The party today filed a complaint with the Election
Commission, demanding setting up of the committee comprising a
retired justice of the Supreme Court to monitor the contents
of TV channels.
"The electronic channels are ignoring CPI`s coverage.
They are giving weightate to SP, BSP, Congress and BJP only.
The channels are giving due coverage to only those parties,
which can help them monetarily by giving advertisements unlike
CPI," party state secretary Girish said.
He demanded that besides a retired SC justice, the
committee should also have a senior member of Press council,
retired election commissioner and an independent intellectual
person to keep an eye on channels.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Son of Kota Central jail prisoner clears IIT entrance exam
- Cabinet approves Act allowing malls, restaurants, theaters to stay open 24×7
- New framework that can predict terrorist attacks developed!
- Actor Irrfan Khan stirs controversy over statement on Ramadan rituals
- Is triple divorce system an infringement of the Indian Constitution?
- India, Pakistan must decide scope of dialogue on Kashmir issue: United States
- Make your monsoon more enjoyable with these healthy tips!
- Turkish army killed suspected IS militants at Syria border - security sources
- Mehbooba Mufti takes oath as member of Jammu and Kashmir Assembly
- Brexit campaigner Gove bids to succeed Cameron as UK premier