Gandhi ‘Father of Nation’: Kid wants to see order
Lucknow: A query posted by a 10-year-old girl
under the Right to Information Act (RTI) regarding father of
nation status to Mahatma Gandhi has raised a piquant situation
before the government.
In February this year, Aishwarya Parashar, a class sixth
student, sent an RTI application to the central public
information officer of Prime Minister`s Office seeking a
photocopy of the order through which Mahatma Gandhi was
declared as father of the nation.
From the PMO, the application was forwarded to the
Ministry of Home Affairs.
The MHA, however, stating that it does not comes under
its purview forwarded the application to the National Archives
The NAI in its reply sent to Aishwarya has said that no
specific documents on the information sought were available.
"As per the search among the public records in the NAI
there is no specific documents on the information being sought
by you," assistant director of archives Jayaprabha Ravindran
said in a letter sent to the girl.
The AD said that NAI has a large number of public records
related to Mahatma Gandhi.
"As per the guidelines laid down by the DOPT the duty of
the CPIO is only to make available the records for
consultation and not undertake any research on behalf of the
application," Ravichandran said.
"You are therefore most welcome to visit the department
to undertake a detailed search among the public records and
library material for the desired information," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you