Mulayam won’t ditch Mamata: Reports
New Delhi: Samajwadi Party Chief Mulayam Singh Yadav appeared to be in no mood to ditch Mamata Banerjee to please the Congress, reports said on Thursday.
Mulayam would be meeting Mamata at 6 pm today amid increasing pressure from the Congress to isolate the West Bengal.
As per reports, both the leaders would reiterate their common stand on the issue and would pitch for Dr APJ Abdul Kalam as the next President.
The Congress Core Committee is also expected to meet today evening even as party leaders attempt to bring together all allies.
With Sonia Gandhi being very upset with Mamata for naming Manmohan Singh as a Presidential candidate, the Congress appears resolute to not let her have her way this time around.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra