Mulayam won’t ditch Mamata: Reports
New Delhi: Samajwadi Party Chief Mulayam Singh Yadav appeared to be in no mood to ditch Mamata Banerjee to please the Congress, reports said on Thursday.
Mulayam would be meeting Mamata at 6 pm today amid increasing pressure from the Congress to isolate the West Bengal.
As per reports, both the leaders would reiterate their common stand on the issue and would pitch for Dr APJ Abdul Kalam as the next President.
The Congress Core Committee is also expected to meet today evening even as party leaders attempt to bring together all allies.
With Sonia Gandhi being very upset with Mamata for naming Manmohan Singh as a Presidential candidate, the Congress appears resolute to not let her have her way this time around.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez