No hurry to declare PM candidate for 2014: BJP
Srinagar: BJP on Saturday said the party is in no hurry to name its prime ministerial candidate for 2014 Lok Sabha elections.
"We still have two years to go for the next general elections. What is the hurry (of naming the prime ministerial candidate)?" BJP leader Rajnath Singh, who is heading a party delegation on study tour of Jammu and Kashmir, told reporters here.
The former BJP president said the party will take a decision on the issue in due course of time.
On the shooting of an MLA in Delhi, Singh said the national capital needs to be made "safer" for people.
Asked about BJP`s support to Anna Hazare`s campaign against corruption, Singh said the party was in favour of a strong Lokpal to deal with the menace.
Responding to reports that BJP president Nitin Gadkari`s relatives had benefited from the `Coalgate`, he said, "The Chhattisgarh government has issued a statement that the coal blocks were issued in open bidding and not to Gadkari."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened