China to focus more on handling cyber attacks
Beijing: China will pay more attention to cross-border cyber attacks while improving international cooperation, the country`s top cyber security watchdog said Thursday.
The internet is a valuable commercial tool. But on too many occasions users find their privacy violated through hacking or the stealing of data, reported China Daily citing Zhang Feng, chief engineer at the Ministry of Industry and Information Technology.
The official was speaking during a conference, which attracted leading Internet and telecom companies and was organised by the National Computer Network Emergency Response Technical Team, responsible for tackling external and internal cyber attacks.
Chinese industry has placed an emphasis on boosting online security, Zhang added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof