Messenger app: Facebook blackout on August 22?
Zee Media Bureau/ Salome Phelamei
London: Amid reports that Facebook`s Messenger app would be able to spy on users, an event has been organised inviting them to deactivate their accounts for 24 hours starting Friday, August 22 at 18:00 GMT in protest against the social networking site.
Facebook`s Messenger app has caused significant privacy concerns among its users. The
new Messenger App has created unrest amongst customers as it makes them feel violated and unsafe and the biggest concern is that the app can record conversations and know users’ personal information without notifying them every time.
Hence, a user called Victoria Hughes created an event called `Blackout` to protest against Facebook`s new policy and Mark Zuckerberg.
- Vijay Mallya's resignation from Rajya Sabha rejected; panel recommends expulsion
- Call drops: Telecom companies under heavy debt, SC told
- This is why government unable to ink Rafale fighter jet deal!
- Parliament panel set to recommend Vijay Mallya's expulsion from Rajya Sabha
- Nirbhaya-like rape in Kerala: NHRC issues notice to state govt