Messenger app: Facebook blackout on August 22?
Zee Media Bureau/ Salome Phelamei
London: Amid reports that Facebook`s Messenger app would be able to spy on users, an event has been organised inviting them to deactivate their accounts for 24 hours starting Friday, August 22 at 18:00 GMT in protest against the social networking site.
Facebook`s Messenger app has caused significant privacy concerns among its users. The
new Messenger App has created unrest amongst customers as it makes them feel violated and unsafe and the biggest concern is that the app can record conversations and know users’ personal information without notifying them every time.
Hence, a user called Victoria Hughes created an event called `Blackout` to protest against Facebook`s new policy and Mark Zuckerberg.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people