Now, discover what Facebook hides from you
London: A Scottish software developer has uncovered a secret Facebook link, which reveals just how much the social media network hides from its users.
Facebook filters users` news feeds to display only a fraction of content posted by their friends and pages they like, using algorithms to determine what they`ll find most interesting to read.
But Edinburgh programmer Tom Waddington, 26, discovered a way around the filter through a special link, which displays all the posts Facebook keeps hidden, the Herald Sun reports.
According to the paper, when accessing Facebook through the link users can see hidden posts from pages they have liked but not interacted with and news from friends who normally seem silent.
The link is reportedly an outdated one that operates on an older version of Facebook`s ranking algorithms, the paper said.
However it seems not everyone is a fan of ditching the filter, with many online commenters admitting they now prefer the edited version of their newsfeed, the paper added.
"I hate to say it but I like the edits that Facebook has done. There is no need to discover that my high school boyfriend played the words ``glam`` and ``swab`` on Words With Friends," wrote one.
- President's Rule to continue in Uttarakhand, next hearing in SC on May 3
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role - Part II
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role - Part III
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role - Part IV
- PHOTO: 'World boss' Chris Gayle with 'Macho boy' Sarfaraz Khan in cool pic
- FDI up 37% after launch of 'Make in India'
- Priyanka Chopra to attend White House Correspondents' dinner
- SHOCKING! 10 year-old-boy beaten up for tearing Trinamool Congress posters
- Pakistan jumps into Kohinoor controversy, says diamond was gifted to England