Now, just wink to click photos on Google Glass
Francisco: Google Glass on Tuesday announced updates to the software in its Internet-linked eyewear to allow users to snap pictures by winking.
The new feature, which promises to escalate privacy concerns already being voiced about the high-tech gadget, came as one of an array of improvements.
"We`ve got a new setting that lets you quickly and easily capture the moments you care about with a simple wink of the eye," Google Glass posted on its Google+ social network page.
"We`re starting with pictures, but just think about what else is possible," the message continued.
Notions put forth included Glass wearers someday paying for cab rides by winking at meters or buying something in a shop with a blink.
Updates included letting owners lock eyewear so it can`t be used unless a person knows the right "handshake" of swipes and taps.
The Glassware code powering the eyewear was also modified to upload video directly to Google-owned video-sharing venue YouTube.
"Glass is about helping you look up and experience the world around you without getting bogged down by technology," Google said.
The high-tech accouterment lets wearers take pictures, record video, send messages or perform other tasks with touch controls or by speaking commands. It connects to the Internet using Wi-Fi hot spots or being wirelessly tethered to mobile phones.
Facebook, Twitter and major news organizations have already tailored applications for Google Glass, which has only been made available to developers and a limited selection of "explorers" who paid $1,500 each for the eyewear.
Envisioned uses range from practical tasks such as shopping or delivering local weather reports to sharing real time video streams or playing augmented reality games in which the world is the board.
Google has not announced a public release date for Google Glass but speculation centers around early 2014.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing