Manipur: Th Lokehore Singh may be next Speaker
Imphal: Congress legislator Th Lokehore
Singh is likely to be the next Speaker of Manipur Assembly as
he is the only person who filed nomination for the post.
Singh was the only person who filed nomination papers
for the post on the last day of filing documents today for the
election of Speaker on Monday, assembly sources said.
The 35-year old former deputy speaker, who represents
Khundrakpam constituency in Imphal East district for the
second term, would be the youngest speaker if elected, the
Congress has 42 legislators, Trinamool Congress 7,
Manipur State Congres Party 5, Naga People`s Front 4, NCP 1
and Lok Jana Sakti Party 1 in the 60-member house.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre