Manipur: Th Lokehore Singh may be next Speaker
Imphal: Congress legislator Th Lokehore
Singh is likely to be the next Speaker of Manipur Assembly as
he is the only person who filed nomination for the post.
Singh was the only person who filed nomination papers
for the post on the last day of filing documents today for the
election of Speaker on Monday, assembly sources said.
The 35-year old former deputy speaker, who represents
Khundrakpam constituency in Imphal East district for the
second term, would be the youngest speaker if elected, the
Congress has 42 legislators, Trinamool Congress 7,
Manipur State Congres Party 5, Naga People`s Front 4, NCP 1
and Lok Jana Sakti Party 1 in the 60-member house.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- DNA: Analysing the derogatory remarks made by Chinese Newspaper on Indians
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption