Manipur: Th Lokehore Singh may be next Speaker
Imphal: Congress legislator Th Lokehore
Singh is likely to be the next Speaker of Manipur Assembly as
he is the only person who filed nomination for the post.
Singh was the only person who filed nomination papers
for the post on the last day of filing documents today for the
election of Speaker on Monday, assembly sources said.
The 35-year old former deputy speaker, who represents
Khundrakpam constituency in Imphal East district for the
second term, would be the youngest speaker if elected, the
Congress has 42 legislators, Trinamool Congress 7,
Manipur State Congres Party 5, Naga People`s Front 4, NCP 1
and Lok Jana Sakti Party 1 in the 60-member house.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Watch Video - World's highest glass-bottom bridge opens in China 600 feet above a canyon!
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony