Two mild tremors hit Arunachal Pradesh
New Delhi: Two slight intensity earthquakes, measuring 4.5 and 4.2 on the Richter Scale, hit Arunachal Pradesh within a span of two hours on Monday.
The first quake of 4.5-magnitude hit around 11.03 AM while the second tremor of 4.2-magnitude was recorded at 12.50 PM, the India Meteorological Department said.
Both the quakes hit almost at the same place.
According to the IMD, the epicentre of the first quake was located at Latitude 28.1 degrees North and Longitude 94.3 degrees while it was Latitude 28.1 degrees North and Longitude 94.4 degrees for the second.
Northeast states have experienced some slight intensity quakes this month. Last Thursday, a slight intensity quake had jolted Churachandpur region of Manipur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves