Two mild tremors hit Arunachal Pradesh
New Delhi: Two slight intensity earthquakes, measuring 4.5 and 4.2 on the Richter Scale, hit Arunachal Pradesh within a span of two hours on Monday.
The first quake of 4.5-magnitude hit around 11.03 AM while the second tremor of 4.2-magnitude was recorded at 12.50 PM, the India Meteorological Department said.
Both the quakes hit almost at the same place.
According to the IMD, the epicentre of the first quake was located at Latitude 28.1 degrees North and Longitude 94.3 degrees while it was Latitude 28.1 degrees North and Longitude 94.4 degrees for the second.
Northeast states have experienced some slight intensity quakes this month. Last Thursday, a slight intensity quake had jolted Churachandpur region of Manipur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bipasha Basu just shared vignettes of 'mad love' on 'The Kapil Sharma Show'! – View pics
- IPL 2016, final: Five reasons why SunRisers Hyderabad will be no match for Virat Kohli and co
- Sharing stage with Madhuri Dixit, 'a moment to cherish forever' for Lisa Haydon!
- Karan Johar visits 'Befikre' sets, gets emotional cherishing 'Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge' days!
- Bizarre: Man puts wife at stake in IPL gambling, loses her