Two mild tremors hit Arunachal Pradesh
New Delhi: Two slight intensity earthquakes, measuring 4.5 and 4.2 on the Richter Scale, hit Arunachal Pradesh within a span of two hours on Monday.
The first quake of 4.5-magnitude hit around 11.03 AM while the second tremor of 4.2-magnitude was recorded at 12.50 PM, the India Meteorological Department said.
Both the quakes hit almost at the same place.
According to the IMD, the epicentre of the first quake was located at Latitude 28.1 degrees North and Longitude 94.3 degrees while it was Latitude 28.1 degrees North and Longitude 94.4 degrees for the second.
Northeast states have experienced some slight intensity quakes this month. Last Thursday, a slight intensity quake had jolted Churachandpur region of Manipur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit!
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"