Two mild tremors hit Arunachal Pradesh
New Delhi: Two slight intensity earthquakes, measuring 4.5 and 4.2 on the Richter Scale, hit Arunachal Pradesh within a span of two hours on Monday.
The first quake of 4.5-magnitude hit around 11.03 AM while the second tremor of 4.2-magnitude was recorded at 12.50 PM, the India Meteorological Department said.
Both the quakes hit almost at the same place.
According to the IMD, the epicentre of the first quake was located at Latitude 28.1 degrees North and Longitude 94.3 degrees while it was Latitude 28.1 degrees North and Longitude 94.4 degrees for the second.
Northeast states have experienced some slight intensity quakes this month. Last Thursday, a slight intensity quake had jolted Churachandpur region of Manipur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video