Two mild tremors hit Arunachal Pradesh
New Delhi: Two slight intensity earthquakes, measuring 4.5 and 4.2 on the Richter Scale, hit Arunachal Pradesh within a span of two hours on Monday.
The first quake of 4.5-magnitude hit around 11.03 AM while the second tremor of 4.2-magnitude was recorded at 12.50 PM, the India Meteorological Department said.
Both the quakes hit almost at the same place.
According to the IMD, the epicentre of the first quake was located at Latitude 28.1 degrees North and Longitude 94.3 degrees while it was Latitude 28.1 degrees North and Longitude 94.4 degrees for the second.
Northeast states have experienced some slight intensity quakes this month. Last Thursday, a slight intensity quake had jolted Churachandpur region of Manipur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- APJ Abdul Kalam: Not Hindu, Not Muslim – Death of an 'Indian'
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India