Two mild tremors hit Arunachal Pradesh
New Delhi: Two slight intensity earthquakes, measuring 4.5 and 4.2 on the Richter Scale, hit Arunachal Pradesh within a span of two hours on Monday.
The first quake of 4.5-magnitude hit around 11.03 AM while the second tremor of 4.2-magnitude was recorded at 12.50 PM, the India Meteorological Department said.
Both the quakes hit almost at the same place.
According to the IMD, the epicentre of the first quake was located at Latitude 28.1 degrees North and Longitude 94.3 degrees while it was Latitude 28.1 degrees North and Longitude 94.4 degrees for the second.
Northeast states have experienced some slight intensity quakes this month. Last Thursday, a slight intensity quake had jolted Churachandpur region of Manipur.
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights?
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part II
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part III
- Anurag Kashyap will strike back with 'Raman Raghav 2.0' : Nawazuddin Siddiqui
- AgustaWestland VVIP chopper scam: Sonia Gandhi stashed bribe money in Geneva's Sarasin Bank?
- World record: 23-year-old Tobago batsman Iraq Thomas slams T20 century off 21 balls
- Donald Trump hints at taking India's help in dealing with `unstable` Pakistan
- Champions League: Cristiano Ronaldo remains doubtful for 2nd leg against Manchester City