Cyclone Phailin: Govt sets deadline for removal of debris in Odisha
Berhampur: The government has set December 10 as deadline for removal of debris from the cyclone-ravaged villages of Ganjam district in Odisha.
The district administration has asked block development officers (BDO) to execute the work by engaging labourers under the Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme (MGREGS).
"We have submitted the guidelines for execution of the work and asked BDOs to follow the guidelines of labour engagement for the purpose. The work should be completed by December 10," said project director, District Rural Development Agency, (DRDA) Prem Chandra Choudhury.
The district administration has also asked the BDOs to ensure disposal of the debris away from the villages, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 4 pm
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam