Cyclone Phailin: Govt sets deadline for removal of debris in Odisha
Berhampur: The government has set December 10 as deadline for removal of debris from the cyclone-ravaged villages of Ganjam district in Odisha.
The district administration has asked block development officers (BDO) to execute the work by engaging labourers under the Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme (MGREGS).
"We have submitted the guidelines for execution of the work and asked BDOs to follow the guidelines of labour engagement for the purpose. The work should be completed by December 10," said project director, District Rural Development Agency, (DRDA) Prem Chandra Choudhury.
The district administration has also asked the BDOs to ensure disposal of the debris away from the villages, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Ahead of 'Kashmir Solidarity Day', Hafiz Saeed's JuD releases controversial video featuring Pakistani Army chief
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Ten Army soldiers missing in Siachen avalanche presumed dead; PM Modi 'salutes' martyrs
- VIDEO: Ambidextrous Sri Lankan Kamindu Mendis bowling with both hands
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review