No need to shift Pipili gangrape victim: AIIMS doc
Cuttack: After examining the Pipili rape
victim at SCB medical college and hospital here, a senior
AIIMS doctor on Monday said there was no need to shift her
elsewhere at this stage.
Manjari Tripathy said the treatment at Cuttack hospital
was at par with the New Delhi hospital. She, however,
suggested that the duration of physiotherapy should be
enhanced and the music therapy should continue.
As per the direction of Orissa High Court and a
requisition from the doctors on duty, Tripathy along with
her team came here to examine the victim who is in coma ever
since she was allegedly gang raped in November last year.
The 19-year-old girl underwent an examination for nearly
The girl has been undergoing treatment in the ICU of
the hospital since January 13 this year following intervention
of the HC.
"The patient is suffering from hypoxic damage to brain
and recovery, if occurs, shall take a long time and she does
not need any surgical intervention now," Tripathy said.
She also maintained that the complaints of bedsores to
patient are fairly normal in such conditions and these could
be avoided by nursing care alone. "I am sure the nursing care
facility here is up to the standard and the patient need not
be shifted from here to any other facility," she said.
The Orissa High Court while directing the SCB hospital
doctors to provide better treatment facility to the victim had
asked them to ensure that she does not suffer from bedsores
and accordingly suggested that a trained matron and nurse be
deputed for the patient.
Denying the recent media reports that the patient has
developed bedsores, hospital emergency officer BN Maharana
said the patient had already developed bedsores in her scalp
and back before she was admitted to the hospital. "However,
due to better care in the hospital, the existing bedsores are
healing gradually," Maharana said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore