Death of Punjabi youth in Malaysia: NRI commission seeks report
Chandigarh: The Punjab NRI Commission on Wednesday sought report from the Ministry of Overseas Indian Affairs (MOIA) regarding action taken by it to bring the body of a Punjabi youth, who died in Malaysia early this month.
The commission asked the MOIA to submit the report on or before March 8.
A spokesman of the NRI Commission today said that the Punjabi youth, Sunny, a resident of Labour Colony Amritsar had gone to Malaysia about two-and-half-year back to earn a livelihood but unfortunately died on February 13.
He said that the Sunny`s family has taken up the matter with the Indian High Commission in Kuala Lumpur and Malaysian High Commissioner in New Delhi, who informed that the body of Sunny would be sent back only after receiving the postmortem report, which may take around two week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi