Death of Punjabi youth in Malaysia: NRI commission seeks report
Chandigarh: The Punjab NRI Commission on Wednesday sought report from the Ministry of Overseas Indian Affairs (MOIA) regarding action taken by it to bring the body of a Punjabi youth, who died in Malaysia early this month.
The commission asked the MOIA to submit the report on or before March 8.
A spokesman of the NRI Commission today said that the Punjabi youth, Sunny, a resident of Labour Colony Amritsar had gone to Malaysia about two-and-half-year back to earn a livelihood but unfortunately died on February 13.
He said that the Sunny`s family has taken up the matter with the Indian High Commission in Kuala Lumpur and Malaysian High Commissioner in New Delhi, who informed that the body of Sunny would be sent back only after receiving the postmortem report, which may take around two week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed unanimously in state Assembly; violence rocks Tamil Nadu
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog