Drugs worth Rs 60 crore seized in Punjab, one arrested
Amritsar: A person was arrested and a consignment of drugs, worth Rs 60 crore in the street market, was seized in Tarn Taran area here, police said on Sunday.
Bhajan Singh was arrested in Tarn Taran area last night when he was coming from Srinagar and heading towards Delhi, Tarn Taran police station Inspector Inderjit Singh said.
Police also recovered two China-made fully-loaded automatic pistols from him, he said.
The accused told police that the consignment of drug, arms and ammunition was smuggled to India from Pakistan, the Inspector said, adding that Bhajan Singh was resident of village Kakar Kalan of Amritsar Rural.
A case has been registered and probe was on in the matter, he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Revealed: How Pakistan's ISI spy racket operated in India
- Trinamool Congress activist was part of Pak ISI spy ring?