Drugs worth Rs 60 crore seized in Punjab, one arrested
Amritsar: A person was arrested and a consignment of drugs, worth Rs 60 crore in the street market, was seized in Tarn Taran area here, police said on Sunday.
Bhajan Singh was arrested in Tarn Taran area last night when he was coming from Srinagar and heading towards Delhi, Tarn Taran police station Inspector Inderjit Singh said.
Police also recovered two China-made fully-loaded automatic pistols from him, he said.
The accused told police that the consignment of drug, arms and ammunition was smuggled to India from Pakistan, the Inspector said, adding that Bhajan Singh was resident of village Kakar Kalan of Amritsar Rural.
A case has been registered and probe was on in the matter, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Narendra Modi and Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum