Punjab elections likely on Feb 13
New Delhi: Assembly elections in Punjab is
likely to be held on February 13, 2012 and the polling is
expected to be conducted in a single phase.
Sources said the Election Commission has completed all
preparations to hold the elections to the 117-member Punjab
Assembly and an announcement to this effect is expected soon.
"In all probability the Punjab election will be held on
February 13 and it will be single phased," a source said.
Several political parties, including the Congress, have
urged the EC to hold the polls in one phase.
Elections to five states -- Punjab, Uttar Pradesh,
Uttarakhand, Manipur and Goa - are due early next year. The
elections schedule for the five states are expected to be
announced by the EC soon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi