Punjab elections likely on Feb 13
New Delhi: Assembly elections in Punjab is
likely to be held on February 13, 2012 and the polling is
expected to be conducted in a single phase.
Sources said the Election Commission has completed all
preparations to hold the elections to the 117-member Punjab
Assembly and an announcement to this effect is expected soon.
"In all probability the Punjab election will be held on
February 13 and it will be single phased," a source said.
Several political parties, including the Congress, have
urged the EC to hold the polls in one phase.
Elections to five states -- Punjab, Uttar Pradesh,
Uttarakhand, Manipur and Goa - are due early next year. The
elections schedule for the five states are expected to be
announced by the EC soon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- 'The Kapil Sharma Show' controversy: Sunil Grover opens up, finds all the 'tamasha' very 'entertaining'