Punjab elections likely on Feb 13
New Delhi: Assembly elections in Punjab is
likely to be held on February 13, 2012 and the polling is
expected to be conducted in a single phase.
Sources said the Election Commission has completed all
preparations to hold the elections to the 117-member Punjab
Assembly and an announcement to this effect is expected soon.
"In all probability the Punjab election will be held on
February 13 and it will be single phased," a source said.
Several political parties, including the Congress, have
urged the EC to hold the polls in one phase.
Elections to five states -- Punjab, Uttar Pradesh,
Uttarakhand, Manipur and Goa - are due early next year. The
elections schedule for the five states are expected to be
announced by the EC soon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets
- After Jayalalithaa, Sasikala Natarajan holds all cards – Know more about her