Punjab elections likely on Feb 13
New Delhi: Assembly elections in Punjab is
likely to be held on February 13, 2012 and the polling is
expected to be conducted in a single phase.
Sources said the Election Commission has completed all
preparations to hold the elections to the 117-member Punjab
Assembly and an announcement to this effect is expected soon.
"In all probability the Punjab election will be held on
February 13 and it will be single phased," a source said.
Several political parties, including the Congress, have
urged the EC to hold the polls in one phase.
Elections to five states -- Punjab, Uttar Pradesh,
Uttarakhand, Manipur and Goa - are due early next year. The
elections schedule for the five states are expected to be
announced by the EC soon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- Swachh Bharat mission fails March 2016 urban-trash targets
- Land reforms fail, 5% of India’s farmers control 32 percent land
- Five indicators of India's looming demographic disaster
- 13 Indians died in Pakistan jails since 2013, India calls for thorough investigation
- 'Invisible hand' behind inaction of CBI, ED in AgustaWestland probe, says Manohar Parrikar in Rajya Sabha