SAD expels Chiranji Lal Garg, son from party
Chandigarh: Hours after he joined Congress,
Shiromani Akali Dal (SAD) Vice President Chiranji Lal Garg and
his son Rajan Garg were on Thursday expelled from the party for
alleged anti-party activities.
The decision to expel the father-son duo from the party
was taken by SAD President Sukhbir Singh Badal, a party
spokesman said in a statement here.
Earlier too, it had been decided to expel Garg from the
party but the decision was withdrawn after he made assurances
to the leadership that he would mend his ways, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test launches first ever indigenous space shuttle
- PM Modi to meet top Iranian leaders today
- Pakistan denounces US drone strike on Taliban chief Mullah Mansoor
- BJP's Roopa Ganguly attacked by Trinamool workers near Kolkata
- PM Modi in Tehran: India, Iran sign historic pact on Chabahar port
- Shilpa Shetty's son Viaan celebrates birthday with Bollywood star kids—See who all came!
- Trouble deepens for P Chidambaram's son; ED likely to question him soon
- Thailand dormitory fire kills 17 schoolgirls
- Will not spare my own children if they are involved in illegalities: Arvind Kejriwal in Goa
- No apology for Hiroshima bombing during Japan visit: Obama