Disabled boy gets patent for 6 players` chess
Jaipur: A nine-year-old wheelchair-ridden
boy suffering from a rare genetic disease has set an exemplary
example by getting a patent for his invention of six-player
Despite suffering from duchenne muscular dystrophy, a
progressive degenerative disorder of muscle tissue which
affects only males, Hridayeshwar Singh Bhati - a class-IV
student of Delhi Public School - has made an innovative
version of circular chess for two, three, four and six
"So far, four-player circular chess was available.
Hridayeshwar is the youngest disabled person in the world to
get the patent for invention," his father S S Bhati said.
He said that Hridayeshwar developed liking for the game
when he began his studies.
"I wanted all my friends to play chess at one time so I
asked my father to buy me another chess board for this
purpose. He said no such chess board was available so I
conceived the idea for developing such chess board," the kid
Hridayeshwar`s father, a math teacher, assisted him in
developing the design.
"The idea and design is created by my son. He applied his
own thought but as a math teacher, I assisted him
geometrically," Bhari said.
"We are now working on a chess board on which 60 players
can play together. Commercialisation is not the motive...it is
aimed at inspiring others that despite worst condition, one
can give best results," he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'