Disabled boy gets patent for 6 players` chess
Jaipur: A nine-year-old wheelchair-ridden
boy suffering from a rare genetic disease has set an exemplary
example by getting a patent for his invention of six-player
Despite suffering from duchenne muscular dystrophy, a
progressive degenerative disorder of muscle tissue which
affects only males, Hridayeshwar Singh Bhati - a class-IV
student of Delhi Public School - has made an innovative
version of circular chess for two, three, four and six
"So far, four-player circular chess was available.
Hridayeshwar is the youngest disabled person in the world to
get the patent for invention," his father S S Bhati said.
He said that Hridayeshwar developed liking for the game
when he began his studies.
"I wanted all my friends to play chess at one time so I
asked my father to buy me another chess board for this
purpose. He said no such chess board was available so I
conceived the idea for developing such chess board," the kid
Hridayeshwar`s father, a math teacher, assisted him in
developing the design.
"The idea and design is created by my son. He applied his
own thought but as a math teacher, I assisted him
geometrically," Bhari said.
"We are now working on a chess board on which 60 players
can play together. Commercialisation is not the motive...it is
aimed at inspiring others that despite worst condition, one
can give best results," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Being overweight linked to eight more kinds of cancer
- Pentagon probes possible civilian casualties in Syria strike: official
- Actress Leslie Jones' website hacked, nude photos posted
- Afghan forces hunt gunmen after American University attack
- Islamic State attacks Western-backed camp on Jordan-Syria border