Disabled boy gets patent for 6 players` chess
Jaipur: A nine-year-old wheelchair-ridden
boy suffering from a rare genetic disease has set an exemplary
example by getting a patent for his invention of six-player
Despite suffering from duchenne muscular dystrophy, a
progressive degenerative disorder of muscle tissue which
affects only males, Hridayeshwar Singh Bhati - a class-IV
student of Delhi Public School - has made an innovative
version of circular chess for two, three, four and six
"So far, four-player circular chess was available.
Hridayeshwar is the youngest disabled person in the world to
get the patent for invention," his father S S Bhati said.
He said that Hridayeshwar developed liking for the game
when he began his studies.
"I wanted all my friends to play chess at one time so I
asked my father to buy me another chess board for this
purpose. He said no such chess board was available so I
conceived the idea for developing such chess board," the kid
Hridayeshwar`s father, a math teacher, assisted him in
developing the design.
"The idea and design is created by my son. He applied his
own thought but as a math teacher, I assisted him
geometrically," Bhari said.
"We are now working on a chess board on which 60 players
can play together. Commercialisation is not the motive...it is
aimed at inspiring others that despite worst condition, one
can give best results," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ATM virus attack: Users of debit cards under threat!
- J&K govt suspends 12 officials on anti-national activities
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Bhubaneswar fire: Owner of SUM Hospital surrenders
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad