Govt doctors in Rajasthan on strike
Jaipur: Demanding a hike in salaries and
time-bound promotions, government doctors in parts of Rajasthan Wednesday went on an indefinite strike.
Accusing the state government of ignoring their
long-pending demands, the doctors had threatened to go on an
indefinite strike ten days back if their issues were not
Hospital officials, however, said the initial impact of
the strike is not much as additional arrangements have been
made at the Sawai Man Singh hospital, the biggest government
hospital of the state.
"Medical services are not affected here as we made
additional arrangements. All resident doctors are on duty and we are ensuring that services are not crippled in the hospital," Dr L C Sharma, Superintendent of SMS government hospital said.
The state government late last night declared the
services of medical and health departments as most essential
services but doctors went on strike despite that.
Hike in salary and pay parity with doctors in Delhi, Uttar Pradesh and other states and time-bound promotions are among the demands the doctors have made for the past few months.
Almost 9,000 in-service doctors, according to the
association, are posted at all primary health centres,
dispensaries and hospitals across the state and the strike is
likely to hit medical services badly if it continues.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India