Govt doctors` strike enters second day
Jaipur: The indefinite strike of government
doctors, demanding a hike in salary, entered the second day
today and paralysed medical services in parts of Rajasthan.
Apart from in-service government doctors, around 3,200
resident doctors have also gone on strike in support of the
Residents of six government hospitals joined the strike
last night despite the state government invoking the Rajasthan
Essential Services Maintenance Act (RESMA) and declaring the
services of medical and health departments as most essential
Following the government`s action, 34 government doctors
have been arrested since yesterday.
Resident doctors` representative Dr Ashok said several
resident doctors had also courted arrest in different parts of
Dr L C Sharma, superintendent of SMS government hospital
Jaipur, claimed that emergency services of the hospital have
not been affected as additional arrangements are in place.
The government has hired the services of some private
and retired doctors to minimise the impact of the strike, he
However, patients in several district hospitals, primary
health centers and dispensaries are suffering due to
non-availability of doctors.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- 14-year-old pregnant rape survivor allowed abortion by Supreme Court
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!