Govt doctors` strike enters second day
Jaipur: The indefinite strike of government
doctors, demanding a hike in salary, entered the second day
today and paralysed medical services in parts of Rajasthan.
Apart from in-service government doctors, around 3,200
resident doctors have also gone on strike in support of the
Residents of six government hospitals joined the strike
last night despite the state government invoking the Rajasthan
Essential Services Maintenance Act (RESMA) and declaring the
services of medical and health departments as most essential
Following the government`s action, 34 government doctors
have been arrested since yesterday.
Resident doctors` representative Dr Ashok said several
resident doctors had also courted arrest in different parts of
Dr L C Sharma, superintendent of SMS government hospital
Jaipur, claimed that emergency services of the hospital have
not been affected as additional arrangements are in place.
The government has hired the services of some private
and retired doctors to minimise the impact of the strike, he
However, patients in several district hospitals, primary
health centers and dispensaries are suffering due to
non-availability of doctors.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!