Raj to introduce prevention of atrocities against
Jaipur: Rajasthan government is slated to introduce `Rajasthan Women (Prevention of Atrocities) Bill 2012` in monsoon session of the Legislative Assembly beginning October 10.
The draft Bill, which seeks to provide timely disposal of cases related to women atrocities, set up special courts for trials of such cases, relief and rehabilitation of victims and penalty on accused, was approved by the state Cabinet in its meeting here Wednesday.
In the meeting chaired by Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot, it was also decided that a campaign `Prashashan Shahron Ke Sangh` (Administration with cities) will be held from November 21 to December 25 to redress public grievance related to government departments.
The Cabinet also decided to regularise houses constructed before June 1999 on agricultural lands during the campaign.
Decisions regarding modifications in different models of affordable housing policy, approval to Rajasthan Urban Transferable Development Rights (TDR) policy for ensuring free land for community halls, parks, play grounds and other public facilities were also discussed in the meeting.
Apart from this, transfer of drinking water distribution work from public health and engineering department to municipal bodies in eight cities and towns and formation of Rajasthan State Power Finance Corporation were also taken up.
The government also decided to issue directives to regularise direct selling business activities in the interest of consumers, according to an official.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand