Raj to introduce prevention of atrocities against
Jaipur: Rajasthan government is slated to introduce `Rajasthan Women (Prevention of Atrocities) Bill 2012` in monsoon session of the Legislative Assembly beginning October 10.
The draft Bill, which seeks to provide timely disposal of cases related to women atrocities, set up special courts for trials of such cases, relief and rehabilitation of victims and penalty on accused, was approved by the state Cabinet in its meeting here Wednesday.
In the meeting chaired by Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot, it was also decided that a campaign `Prashashan Shahron Ke Sangh` (Administration with cities) will be held from November 21 to December 25 to redress public grievance related to government departments.
The Cabinet also decided to regularise houses constructed before June 1999 on agricultural lands during the campaign.
Decisions regarding modifications in different models of affordable housing policy, approval to Rajasthan Urban Transferable Development Rights (TDR) policy for ensuring free land for community halls, parks, play grounds and other public facilities were also discussed in the meeting.
Apart from this, transfer of drinking water distribution work from public health and engineering department to municipal bodies in eight cities and towns and formation of Rajasthan State Power Finance Corporation were also taken up.
The government also decided to issue directives to regularise direct selling business activities in the interest of consumers, according to an official.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part II
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part III
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part IV
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Eurozone business activity strong despite Brexit: Survey
- India does not play for rankings, says Virat Kohli
- US backs Amnesty over India sedition case, says it respects group's right to express freely
- ''No Indian hand in Nepal government change''
- Daddy's little girl Priyanka Chopra remembers father on his third birth anniversary! See pic