Singhvi files nomination for RS biennial polls
Jaipur: Congress sitting Rajya Sabha MP Abhishek Manu Singhvi on Saturday filed his nomination papers for the RS biennial polls.
He submitted his nomination papers to the Returning Officer in the state assembly here.
Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot, PCC Chief Chandrabhan, party Chief Whip Raghu Sharma, Deputy Chief Whip Ratan Devasi were among others present there.
The Congress has renominated Singhvi and senior MP Narendra Budania from Rajasthan for the biennial elections for three seats to the Rajya Sabha.
Congress` second candidate Budania and BJP candidate Bhupendra Yadav are scheduled to file their nomination papers on Monday.
The election is necessitated as Singhvi and Budania as well as BJP`s Ramdas Agrawal are due to complete their terms as Rajya Sabha members.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- 14-year-old pregnant rape survivor allowed abortion by Supreme Court
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!