Singhvi files nomination for RS biennial polls
Jaipur: Congress sitting Rajya Sabha MP Abhishek Manu Singhvi on Saturday filed his nomination papers for the RS biennial polls.
He submitted his nomination papers to the Returning Officer in the state assembly here.
Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot, PCC Chief Chandrabhan, party Chief Whip Raghu Sharma, Deputy Chief Whip Ratan Devasi were among others present there.
The Congress has renominated Singhvi and senior MP Narendra Budania from Rajasthan for the biennial elections for three seats to the Rajya Sabha.
Congress` second candidate Budania and BJP candidate Bhupendra Yadav are scheduled to file their nomination papers on Monday.
The election is necessitated as Singhvi and Budania as well as BJP`s Ramdas Agrawal are due to complete their terms as Rajya Sabha members.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city