Singhvi files nomination for RS biennial polls
Jaipur: Congress sitting Rajya Sabha MP Abhishek Manu Singhvi on Saturday filed his nomination papers for the RS biennial polls.
He submitted his nomination papers to the Returning Officer in the state assembly here.
Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot, PCC Chief Chandrabhan, party Chief Whip Raghu Sharma, Deputy Chief Whip Ratan Devasi were among others present there.
The Congress has renominated Singhvi and senior MP Narendra Budania from Rajasthan for the biennial elections for three seats to the Rajya Sabha.
Congress` second candidate Budania and BJP candidate Bhupendra Yadav are scheduled to file their nomination papers on Monday.
The election is necessitated as Singhvi and Budania as well as BJP`s Ramdas Agrawal are due to complete their terms as Rajya Sabha members.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued