UPA`s flagship MNREGA dying in Rajasthan
Bundi: The UPA Government`s flagship Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme is dying in Congress-ruled Rajasthan, the Community Score Card (CSC), a tool for assessing accountability in government projects, has claimed.
The CSC is funded by Affiliated Network for Social Accountability (ANSA) in South Asian Region and implemented in Rajasthan by social organisation CUTS (Consumer Unity Trust)
The data was presented at a state-level dissemination cum advocacy meeting held at Jaipur on March 14, 2012. The data mentioned a drastic decline in the number of families engaged
in employment in MNREGS.
The number of families given jobs under the scheme has gone down from 63.69 lakh in 2008-09 to 58.24 lakh in 2010-11 and the same further declined 1.37 lakh till March 7, 2012.
The CSC study data further disclosed that the Rajasthan government could utilise only 50 per cent of the total labour budget demanded for the Financial Year 2010-11 while it was as
high as 64 per cent in 2008-2009.
This indicates that half of the money provided by central government remained unspent which could have been utilised for betterment of the state.
The state could provide only 52 person days of employment per family in the Financial Year 2010-11 in comparison to 76 person days Financial Year 2008-09.
The total expenditure in MNREGS has also drastically gone down from 6175.55 crore in 2008-09 to 3300.33 crore in 2010-11.
All these findings were disseminated in the state level dissemination cum advocacy meeting organised by Consumer Unity and Trust Society (CUTS) on March 14, 2012.
Several prominent speakers and the grass root community based organisations from all the 33 districts were present in the dissemination meeting of the project.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister