Woman-daughter commits suicide over domestic row
Thane: Barely a few hours after her minor daughter committed suicide at a lake in Vasai over a domestic dispute, a woman also killed herself by jumping into the waters, police said on Monday.
According to police, Laxmi N Patil (50) and her 17-year-old daughter Padma, residents of Sativali in Vasai, would frequently quarrel over petty issues.
On Saturday night both of them had a quarrel and the girl left her home on Sunday morning.
However, concerned about her daughter, Laxmi started looking for Padma and reached the lake near Gaondevi temple, where she spotted her belongings lying scattered, police said.
Presuming that Padma had committed suicide, the distressed woman also ended her life by jumping into the same lake, police said.
Their bodies were later fished out by the local fishermen and were sent for post-mortem, police said.
A case of accidental death has been registered in this regard and further investigations are on, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- LinkedIn notifies data breach, alerts 400 mn members to stay safe
- Eating out, mobile bills, internet, travelling set to get costlier from June 1
- 7 hot tips to stay fit and healthy!
- Barack Obama lays wreath at Hiroshima Memorial, says death fell from the sky and the world changed
- North Korea slams Obama's 'childish' Hiroshima visit