Woman-daughter commits suicide over domestic row
Thane: Barely a few hours after her minor daughter committed suicide at a lake in Vasai over a domestic dispute, a woman also killed herself by jumping into the waters, police said on Monday.
According to police, Laxmi N Patil (50) and her 17-year-old daughter Padma, residents of Sativali in Vasai, would frequently quarrel over petty issues.
On Saturday night both of them had a quarrel and the girl left her home on Sunday morning.
However, concerned about her daughter, Laxmi started looking for Padma and reached the lake near Gaondevi temple, where she spotted her belongings lying scattered, police said.
Presuming that Padma had committed suicide, the distressed woman also ended her life by jumping into the same lake, police said.
Their bodies were later fished out by the local fishermen and were sent for post-mortem, police said.
A case of accidental death has been registered in this regard and further investigations are on, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre