Woman-daughter commits suicide over domestic row
Thane: Barely a few hours after her minor daughter committed suicide at a lake in Vasai over a domestic dispute, a woman also killed herself by jumping into the waters, police said on Monday.
According to police, Laxmi N Patil (50) and her 17-year-old daughter Padma, residents of Sativali in Vasai, would frequently quarrel over petty issues.
On Saturday night both of them had a quarrel and the girl left her home on Sunday morning.
However, concerned about her daughter, Laxmi started looking for Padma and reached the lake near Gaondevi temple, where she spotted her belongings lying scattered, police said.
Presuming that Padma had committed suicide, the distressed woman also ended her life by jumping into the same lake, police said.
Their bodies were later fished out by the local fishermen and were sent for post-mortem, police said.
A case of accidental death has been registered in this regard and further investigations are on, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery