Monkeys have reasoning powers like primitive humans
London: Scientists have suggested that intelligent animals like apes may have some sort of mind reading capability , as they have the ability to intuit each others` intentions.
Rogier Mars of the University of Oxford and his co-workers scanned brains of 36 people and developed a map - using an algorithm - of how area linked with theory of mind is connected to brain regions associated with abilities like face recognition and interpretation, New Scientist reported.
They then scanned 12 macaque brains and found that an area involved in facial recognition had a similar pattern of connections.
Mars said that theory of mind is probably a spectrum of ways of thinking in which humans got better as they evolved.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state