Scientists accidentally create Star wars-like lightsaber
London: Well there is good news for Star Wars fans, as scientists have created a lightsaber by accident.
The team from Harvard University managed to get photons to stick together and form a molecule.
This molecule behaves like a Jedi`s lightsaber by moving the light particles around in a solid mass, Metro.co.uk reported.
But if you try to cut through flesh with it or listen out for the familiar "whoosh" sound, you will be disappointed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them