Secret invention to replace windscreen wiper
London: A secret system which is used on fighter jets to repel rain, snow and insects is currently being developed for cars.
Formula 1 racing car constructor McLaren has revealed that this system can lead to a total wipe-out of windscreen wipers on new cars,according to a report.
The new technology, which is being developed by the automotive company, is still under wraps and might use high-frequency sound waves similar to those used by dentists.
The force field of sound waves would help repel snow and bugs from the windscreens of the cars.
The technology could also improve fuel economy by removing the need for wiper motors, and if the tests are successful, the technology could be introduced to McLaren`s sports cars.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh addresses Parliament over Kashmir violence
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh addresses Parliament over Kashmir violence – Part II
- I am a Goddess for the weaker section which is making people angry: Mayawati
- Sacked BJP leader Dayashankar to be arrested soon for controversial remark on Mayawati
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only?
- EXCLUSIVE: This is what Kashmiri children think about India – Must watch video
- US-backed forces give IS '48 hours' to leave Syria's Manbij
- RBI to cut rates by 0.25% on Aug 9 if rains damp pulse price
- Kotak Mahindra Bank to raise Rs 5,000 cr via bonds
- 0.50% cut in policy rate by March quarter: Morgan Stanley