Secret invention to replace windscreen wiper
London: A secret system which is used on fighter jets to repel rain, snow and insects is currently being developed for cars.
Formula 1 racing car constructor McLaren has revealed that this system can lead to a total wipe-out of windscreen wipers on new cars,according to a report.
The new technology, which is being developed by the automotive company, is still under wraps and might use high-frequency sound waves similar to those used by dentists.
The force field of sound waves would help repel snow and bugs from the windscreens of the cars.
The technology could also improve fuel economy by removing the need for wiper motors, and if the tests are successful, the technology could be introduced to McLaren`s sports cars.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"