Secret invention to replace windscreen wiper
London: A secret system which is used on fighter jets to repel rain, snow and insects is currently being developed for cars.
Formula 1 racing car constructor McLaren has revealed that this system can lead to a total wipe-out of windscreen wipers on new cars,according to a report.
The new technology, which is being developed by the automotive company, is still under wraps and might use high-frequency sound waves similar to those used by dentists.
The force field of sound waves would help repel snow and bugs from the windscreens of the cars.
The technology could also improve fuel economy by removing the need for wiper motors, and if the tests are successful, the technology could be introduced to McLaren`s sports cars.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city