Secret invention to replace windscreen wiper
London: A secret system which is used on fighter jets to repel rain, snow and insects is currently being developed for cars.
Formula 1 racing car constructor McLaren has revealed that this system can lead to a total wipe-out of windscreen wipers on new cars,according to a report.
The new technology, which is being developed by the automotive company, is still under wraps and might use high-frequency sound waves similar to those used by dentists.
The force field of sound waves would help repel snow and bugs from the windscreens of the cars.
The technology could also improve fuel economy by removing the need for wiper motors, and if the tests are successful, the technology could be introduced to McLaren`s sports cars.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...