US company defends mobile phone `cockroach backpack` app
London: A US-based company has defended itself against cruelty claims over their device called "electronic backpack" which controls the movements of cockroaches.
The Backyard Brains company, which has developed the device which fits onto a cockroach allowing its movements to be controlled by a mobile phone app , said that the device is intended to get children to be interested in neuroscience, the BBC reported.
Critics have slammed their stance as "disingenuous" as the procedure to attach the device on the cockroach involves several cruel and painful steps.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Pakistan can inflict 'heavy losses' in war with India: Khawaja Muhammad Asif
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?