Pak: 15 Taliban militants killed in air strikes
Islamabad: At least 15 Taliban militants were killed on Sunday in air strikes by combat jets in northwest Pakistan`s restive Orakzai tribal region.
The jets targeted militant hideouts in Ghaljo and Dabori areas of Orakzai tribal agency, officials were quoted as saying by TV news channels.
Fifteen militants were killed and several others injured in the air strikes, they said.
The banned Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan is active in the areas targeted by the jets.
Security forces have conducted several operations against the Taliban in Orakzai.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi lays foundation stone of IARI at Barhi: As it happened
- BJP can give even Dawood Ibrahim a clean chit: Digvijay Singh
- India likely to rest MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli for Zimbabwe tour
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report