Pak bus blast: At least 21 killed near Peshawar
Islamabad: At least 21 people died Friday in Pakistan when a powerful bomb ripped through a bus carrying government employees.
The explosion took place in Peshawar city, the capital of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province.
The bomb, triggered by a timing device, was planted near the rear door of the bus. About eight kg of explosives were used, police said.
Over 40 others were injured, Xinhua quoted local Urdu channel Geo TV as saying.
The victims, who were government employees, were on their way home.
The injured were shifted to Lady Reading Hospital in Peshawar and district hospital in Charsadda. Most of the injured were in critical condition.
Medical superintendent of Lady Reading Hospital told reporters the toll may increase.
Several nearby houses and vehicles were destroyed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Govt should put evidence before court: Chidambaram on Karti
- SHOCKING: Milan metro suspended ahead of UEFA Champions League final match
- Monaco Grand Prix: Daniel Ricciardo secures maiden pole in Monte Carlo
- He has to forgive me someday: Arijit Singh on row with Salman Khan
- IPL 9 Video: This is how Kolkata Knight Riders thank supportive fans!