China to launch cargo ship into space by 2016
Beijing: China is expected to launch a cargo ship into space around 2016 to serve the Tiangong-2 space laboratory, a leading space scientist said Sunday.
The cargo ship, named `Tianzhou` or `Heavenly Vessel`, will be delivered by the newly-developed Long March-7 carrier rocket, Xinhua quoted Zhou Jianping, chief designer of China`s manned space programme, as saying.
Cargo transportation system that supplies goods and propellants is a key technology China must master to establish its own space station, said Zhou, a member of the National Committee of the Chinese People`s Political Consultative Conference, the country`s top political advisory body.
Tiangong-1, China`s first space lab and target orbiter, was sent to orbit Sep 29, 2011. China is expected to launch the Tiangong-2 space lab around 2015.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- AIB: Polythene ban - Do we care enough?
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown