China to launch cargo ship into space by 2016
Beijing: China is expected to launch a cargo ship into space around 2016 to serve the Tiangong-2 space laboratory, a leading space scientist said Sunday.
The cargo ship, named `Tianzhou` or `Heavenly Vessel`, will be delivered by the newly-developed Long March-7 carrier rocket, Xinhua quoted Zhou Jianping, chief designer of China`s manned space programme, as saying.
Cargo transportation system that supplies goods and propellants is a key technology China must master to establish its own space station, said Zhou, a member of the National Committee of the Chinese People`s Political Consultative Conference, the country`s top political advisory body.
Tiangong-1, China`s first space lab and target orbiter, was sent to orbit Sep 29, 2011. China is expected to launch the Tiangong-2 space lab around 2015.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH