China to launch cargo ship into space by 2016
Beijing: China is expected to launch a cargo ship into space around 2016 to serve the Tiangong-2 space laboratory, a leading space scientist said Sunday.
The cargo ship, named `Tianzhou` or `Heavenly Vessel`, will be delivered by the newly-developed Long March-7 carrier rocket, Xinhua quoted Zhou Jianping, chief designer of China`s manned space programme, as saying.
Cargo transportation system that supplies goods and propellants is a key technology China must master to establish its own space station, said Zhou, a member of the National Committee of the Chinese People`s Political Consultative Conference, the country`s top political advisory body.
Tiangong-1, China`s first space lab and target orbiter, was sent to orbit Sep 29, 2011. China is expected to launch the Tiangong-2 space lab around 2015.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?
- IRS website hacked by suspected Pakistani hackers, messages like 'Pakistan Zindabad' posted