Many Russians expect contact with aliens
Moscow: Almost one in four Russians (23 percent) expect the human race to be contacted by representatives of an alien civilization in the next 50 years, says an opinion poll.
But a majority (53 percent) said they did not believe in aliens. The poll quizzed 1,500 respondents.
"Those who believed that contact would be beneficial for humanity were two times greater than those who believed the opposite," the Public Opinion Foundation pollster said in a statement.
The poll was carried out to mark Cosmonauts Day, which commemorates Soviet cosmonaut Yury Gagarin`s groundbreaking flight into space in 1961.
The findings came shortly after an influential priest in Russia`s Orthodox Church said people often mistook angels and demons for aliens.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Watch 15 reports from 15 cities
- Sheena murder case: Unfolding deceit, lies and murder!
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter