Many Russians expect contact with aliens
Moscow: Almost one in four Russians (23 percent) expect the human race to be contacted by representatives of an alien civilization in the next 50 years, says an opinion poll.
But a majority (53 percent) said they did not believe in aliens. The poll quizzed 1,500 respondents.
"Those who believed that contact would be beneficial for humanity were two times greater than those who believed the opposite," the Public Opinion Foundation pollster said in a statement.
The poll was carried out to mark Cosmonauts Day, which commemorates Soviet cosmonaut Yury Gagarin`s groundbreaking flight into space in 1961.
The findings came shortly after an influential priest in Russia`s Orthodox Church said people often mistook angels and demons for aliens.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- PM Narendra Modi returns from Tashkent after completing his two-day visit
- Barack Obama says UK committed to 'orderly transition' out of EU
- Islamic State captures 900 Kurdish civilians in north Syria in 3 weeks
- 33 killed in renewed clashes across Yemen
- 'North Korea now a nuclear threat to be reckoned with, Washington can expect more nuclear tests and missile launches'