Meteorite perfume to be launched
Moscow: Authorities in the Chelyabinsk region, which was hit by a meteorite Feb 15, have announced plans to launch a new perfume with the scent of the celestial body, which brought the Urals city to international fame.
The new fragrance will be named "Chebarkul Meteorite", after the lake where the meteorite`s fragments were found, the administration of the town of Chebarkul said on its website.
Local businessman Sergei Andreyev proposed to analyze the meteorite`s fragments to create a fragrance.
"It (the perfume) will most likely feature metallic and stony notes," the administration quoted Andreyev as saying.
The administration said it will continue searching for ways to profit from the meteorite strike.
Chelyabinsk authorities earlier announced plans to erect a monument to commemorate the meteorite and to hold a competition for the best design proposal.
The flaming meteorite streaked across the sky and slammed into central Russia Feb 15 with a massive boom that blew out windows and damaged thousands of buildings around Chelyabinsk, injuring more than 1,500 people in the area.
US space agency NASA estimates the meteorite was roughly 15 metres in diameter when it struck Earth`s atmosphere, travelling several times the speed of sound, and exploded into a fireball brighter than the morning sun.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"
- JNU protest: Kejriwal hits out at PM Modi, says targetting innocents will prove costly to him