Now, NASA will carry your messages to aliens
Washington: NASA is planning to upload crowd sourced messages from Earth into the outer space through its New Horizons space probe.
According to Space.com, Jon Lomberg, who started this project and also helped create the human time capsules carried on board the Voyager spacecrafts, will be responsible for curating the collated material along with NASA and online voters, the Verge reported.
However, the exact contents of messages have yet to be determined but the final product might be comprised of images, sounds, 3D maps, and software, which will eventually be streamed to the New Horizons probe once it has completed its study of Pluto and its adjacent satellites.
An official announcement about the project was scheduled for August 25th and it would contain submission guidelines.
Having secured approval from NASA, the next step would be to raise an estimated 500,000 dollars fund for the project.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened