Now, NASA will carry your messages to aliens
Washington: NASA is planning to upload crowd sourced messages from Earth into the outer space through its New Horizons space probe.
According to Space.com, Jon Lomberg, who started this project and also helped create the human time capsules carried on board the Voyager spacecrafts, will be responsible for curating the collated material along with NASA and online voters, the Verge reported.
However, the exact contents of messages have yet to be determined but the final product might be comprised of images, sounds, 3D maps, and software, which will eventually be streamed to the New Horizons probe once it has completed its study of Pluto and its adjacent satellites.
An official announcement about the project was scheduled for August 25th and it would contain submission guidelines.
Having secured approval from NASA, the next step would be to raise an estimated 500,000 dollars fund for the project.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing