SOHO captures images of CMEs erupting from sun
Washington: ESA/NASA Solar and Heliospheric Observatory ( SOHO) has captured images of a coronal mass ejection or CME erupting away from the sun on Tuesday.
The sun is obscured to make the dimmer solar atmosphere more visible.
The bright object in the top right of the first image is Venus.
A giant cloud of solar material called a coronal mass ejection escapes the sun in the second image, from the ESA/ NASA Solar and Heliospheric Observatory.
Scientists use this kind of picture, called a coronagraph, in which the sun is obscured, to better see the sun`s atmosphere, the corona.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH