UFO secrets to be revealed soon
London: Closeted UFO believers may have a reason to come out at least for one night this month as a Smithsonian Institution affiliated museum in Las Vegas has announced plans for an event featuring speakers from both the US military and UK, delving into the extra-terrestrial mysteries of Area 51.
The National Atomic Testing Museum announced the one-night event, scheduled for September 22, to reveal the men’s personal stories that propelled them to write books and lead their own investigations outside, as well as inside, the military.
“What you’re getting from this panel are people who have worked with the military, all of whom certainly agree that UFOs are real, and I think most of them would say it ought to be researched,” a newspaper quoted Col. John Alexander, one of the scheduled speakers.
“Here, you’re getting a small number [of participants], but high credibility people,” he said.
Joining Col Alexander in the planned discussion is Col Bill Coleman of the US Air Force who previously held a role with Project Blue Book, the former-FBI investigation of UFO reports between 1947 and 1969.
Also scheduled to join the discussion is Col Robert Friend who served as director of Project Blue Book that all together reported 701 unidentified sightings out of 12,618 throughout the years of 1947-1969, according to the now publically archived records.
Connecting the phenomenon internationally are scheduled guest speakers Nick Pope, who served as a UFO investigator with the UK’s Ministry of Defence, and Col. Charles Halt who was Deputy Base Commander at Bentwaters, the UK’s former Royal Air Force station.
Mr Pope is expected to share how both governments of the US and UK held similar study groups over sightings and why both eventually closed their books on the issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- DNA: Dr Subhash Chandra show on importance of 'Social media networking'
- Piramal Enterprises to raise Rs 300 cr via non-convertible debentures
- Gold, silver hit a soft patch as global cues turn weak
- Nokia all set to make comeback with 2 new Android 7.0 Nougat devices
- Smart dressing tips for children during monsoon
- Sensex ends the week with marginal losses; Nifty finishes flat