Watch: Sun’s activity of 3 years in just 3 minutes
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: NASA has released a 3-minute video of the Sun’s images captured by the Solar Dynamics Observatory (SDO) over the last three years.
The SDO was launched on February 11, 2010, as a part of the Living with A Star program to observe the Sun for over five years in order to understand its impact on the Earth and the near-Earth space.
It captured an image of the Sun every 12 seconds each day in 10 different wavelengths over the course of three years, although the video only features two images of each day.
Several notable celestial events like two roll manoeuvres, comet Lovejoy, transit of Venus, two partial eclipses of the Sun by the Moon and the largest flare of this solar cycle are seen in the video.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice