Watch: Sun’s activity of 3 years in just 3 minutes
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: NASA has released a 3-minute video of the Sun’s images captured by the Solar Dynamics Observatory (SDO) over the last three years.
The SDO was launched on February 11, 2010, as a part of the Living with A Star program to observe the Sun for over five years in order to understand its impact on the Earth and the near-Earth space.
It captured an image of the Sun every 12 seconds each day in 10 different wavelengths over the course of three years, although the video only features two images of each day.
Several notable celestial events like two roll manoeuvres, comet Lovejoy, transit of Venus, two partial eclipses of the Sun by the Moon and the largest flare of this solar cycle are seen in the video.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands