Watch: Sun’s activity of 3 years in just 3 minutes
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: NASA has released a 3-minute video of the Sun’s images captured by the Solar Dynamics Observatory (SDO) over the last three years.
The SDO was launched on February 11, 2010, as a part of the Living with A Star program to observe the Sun for over five years in order to understand its impact on the Earth and the near-Earth space.
It captured an image of the Sun every 12 seconds each day in 10 different wavelengths over the course of three years, although the video only features two images of each day.
Several notable celestial events like two roll manoeuvres, comet Lovejoy, transit of Venus, two partial eclipses of the Sun by the Moon and the largest flare of this solar cycle are seen in the video.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Attack on Kabul`s American University ends as attackers killed
- Colombia announces historic peace pact
- Aamir Khan's '3 Idiots' sequel on the cards? Here's what Rajkumar Hirani has to say!
- 'Nirbhaya' gang-rape: Convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail, admitted to hospital
- Iranian Navy in `unsafe` intercept of US destroyer: Defense official