Watch: Sun’s activity of 3 years in just 3 minutes
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: NASA has released a 3-minute video of the Sun’s images captured by the Solar Dynamics Observatory (SDO) over the last three years.
The SDO was launched on February 11, 2010, as a part of the Living with A Star program to observe the Sun for over five years in order to understand its impact on the Earth and the near-Earth space.
It captured an image of the Sun every 12 seconds each day in 10 different wavelengths over the course of three years, although the video only features two images of each day.
Several notable celestial events like two roll manoeuvres, comet Lovejoy, transit of Venus, two partial eclipses of the Sun by the Moon and the largest flare of this solar cycle are seen in the video.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Guess which state has max urban net subscribers; Maha, Delhi tied in 2nd spot
- IOC in talks to buy GSPC's stake in Mundra LNG terminal
- UK vote to leave EU `adds to uncertainty` in global economy: G20
- Finance Ministry allots Rs 2,000 cr extra budgetary grant for Chardham
- China builds massive seaplane: State media