Watch: Sun’s activity of 3 years in just 3 minutes
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: NASA has released a 3-minute video of the Sun’s images captured by the Solar Dynamics Observatory (SDO) over the last three years.
The SDO was launched on February 11, 2010, as a part of the Living with A Star program to observe the Sun for over five years in order to understand its impact on the Earth and the near-Earth space.
It captured an image of the Sun every 12 seconds each day in 10 different wavelengths over the course of three years, although the video only features two images of each day.
Several notable celestial events like two roll manoeuvres, comet Lovejoy, transit of Venus, two partial eclipses of the Sun by the Moon and the largest flare of this solar cycle are seen in the video.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed