You are invited for a spectacular meteor shower!
New York: If you do not have a telescope or binocular, do not worry as a meteor shower is something that anyone can enjoy. You may not like to miss the spectacular show of the Eta Aquarids around May 6.
The Eta Aquarids are a meteor shower associated with Halley`s Comet.
The meteors from this shower can be seen between April 19 and May 28 - peaking May 6.
A meteor is small body of matter from outer space that enters the earth’s atmosphere, becoming incandescent as a result of friction and appearing as a streak of light.
For observers around tropical and southern latitudes, the visibility can be a little better than those at the northern hemisphere because of the location of the radiant and the time of sunrise.
The radiant is the point in the sky, from which the meteors appear to originate.
The best way to observe the meteor showers is get ready by midnight and wait outside on a comfortable seat.
“If the weather is kind, then the astronomical forecast for this year`s Eta Aquarids display is good,” reported Discovery News.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- Turkish PM says first signs in Istanbul attack point to IS
- Flying kisses galore! Ranveer Singh – Deepika Padukone are very much in love – Watch
- Asian markets extend gains on Brexit stimulus bets
- Check rajeduboard.nic.in for RBSE Rajasthan 8th Result 2016: BSER Ajmer 8th Board Result, Rajasthan 8th Class Results 2016
- CCPA to meet today to decide Monsoon Session dates