You are invited for a spectacular meteor shower!
New York: If you do not have a telescope or binocular, do not worry as a meteor shower is something that anyone can enjoy. You may not like to miss the spectacular show of the Eta Aquarids around May 6.
The Eta Aquarids are a meteor shower associated with Halley`s Comet.
The meteors from this shower can be seen between April 19 and May 28 - peaking May 6.
A meteor is small body of matter from outer space that enters the earth’s atmosphere, becoming incandescent as a result of friction and appearing as a streak of light.
For observers around tropical and southern latitudes, the visibility can be a little better than those at the northern hemisphere because of the location of the radiant and the time of sunrise.
The radiant is the point in the sky, from which the meteors appear to originate.
The best way to observe the meteor showers is get ready by midnight and wait outside on a comfortable seat.
“If the weather is kind, then the astronomical forecast for this year`s Eta Aquarids display is good,” reported Discovery News.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details