You are invited for a spectacular meteor shower!
New York: If you do not have a telescope or binocular, do not worry as a meteor shower is something that anyone can enjoy. You may not like to miss the spectacular show of the Eta Aquarids around May 6.
The Eta Aquarids are a meteor shower associated with Halley`s Comet.
The meteors from this shower can be seen between April 19 and May 28 - peaking May 6.
A meteor is small body of matter from outer space that enters the earth’s atmosphere, becoming incandescent as a result of friction and appearing as a streak of light.
For observers around tropical and southern latitudes, the visibility can be a little better than those at the northern hemisphere because of the location of the radiant and the time of sunrise.
The radiant is the point in the sky, from which the meteors appear to originate.
The best way to observe the meteor showers is get ready by midnight and wait outside on a comfortable seat.
“If the weather is kind, then the astronomical forecast for this year`s Eta Aquarids display is good,” reported Discovery News.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Is Sonakshi Sinha a part of Salman Khan’s ‘Dabangg 3’? Here’s the answer
- Kareena Kapoor Khan not in ‘Veerey Di Wedding’? Sonam Kapoor will tell you the truth
- Magnitude 6.4 quake hits Italy near Perugia – USGS
- Turning the tide on hair loss
- Rajnath Singh in Kashmir, says those who believe in 'Kashmiriyat' are welcome for talks