Koodankulam women, children to meet industrialists
Coimbatore: More than 500 women and children from Koodankulam will hold a day`s fast here on Dec 15 to urge industry associations here to refrain from their proposed agitation showing their support to the Government in the Koodankulam Nuclear Power Plant dispute.
A group of women will also endeavour to meet the leaders of the industries to explain their plight in person.
The owners of power-starved industries, under 30 Industrial associations had decided to down shutters and organise a procession and a day`s fast on Dec 20 in support of the project.
The decision of the industry associations had come as a "rude shock" to the anti-KNPP agitators who have expressed "agony" over it, K Ramakrishnan, coordinator, Anti Nuke Collective, a body representing several political parties,
organisations and human rights organisations, said.
During the fast, the women and children from the vicinity of Koodankulam would highlight how the project would "endanger the lives and livelihood of lakhs of people" in Southern Tamil Nadu because of its location, he said.
The fast would be presided over by SP Udayakumar, the convenor of the People`s Movement Against Nuclear Energy, which is spearheading the anti-KNPP protest in Koodankulam, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- AIB: Polythene ban - Do we care enough?
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown