Koodankulam women, children to meet industrialists
Coimbatore: More than 500 women and children from Koodankulam will hold a day`s fast here on Dec 15 to urge industry associations here to refrain from their proposed agitation showing their support to the Government in the Koodankulam Nuclear Power Plant dispute.
A group of women will also endeavour to meet the leaders of the industries to explain their plight in person.
The owners of power-starved industries, under 30 Industrial associations had decided to down shutters and organise a procession and a day`s fast on Dec 20 in support of the project.
The decision of the industry associations had come as a "rude shock" to the anti-KNPP agitators who have expressed "agony" over it, K Ramakrishnan, coordinator, Anti Nuke Collective, a body representing several political parties,
organisations and human rights organisations, said.
During the fast, the women and children from the vicinity of Koodankulam would highlight how the project would "endanger the lives and livelihood of lakhs of people" in Southern Tamil Nadu because of its location, he said.
The fast would be presided over by SP Udayakumar, the convenor of the People`s Movement Against Nuclear Energy, which is spearheading the anti-KNPP protest in Koodankulam, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President's Rule to continue in Uttarakhand, next hearing in SC on May 3
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role - Part II
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role - Part III
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role - Part IV
- Will give 'all justifications' for 8.8% EPF interest rate: Dattatreya
- Are you or people around you happy or sad? Twitter has the answer!
- From Shahid Kapoor to Tommy Singh: Check out the eye-popping transformation for 'Udta Punjab' – Watch
- Finance Ministry defends lower interest rate on EPF, cites lack of funds
- Rahul Gandhi and Buddhadeb Bhattacharya are doing ILU ILU in WB: Amit Shah