Over 35% complaints relate to `grand corruption` issues: CVC
Chennai: Over 35 per cent of the complaints received by the Central Vigilance Commission are matters relating to "grand corruption" issues, wherein irregularities to the tune of several lakhs of rupees have taken place, a senior official has said.
"We have been receiving a lot of complaints. Among them, over 35 per cent of complaints belong to grand corruption issues, relating to irregularities, which run into many lakhs (of rupees)," Vigilance Commissioner R Sri Kumar told reporters at a function here yesterday.
"More than 50 per cent of the complaints the CVC receives are matters relating to the state governments in the country. We have been forwarding them to the concerned state governments," he said.
Classifying complaints received in the CVC into five categories, he named them as matters relating to personal grievances, grand corruption, corruption by state governments, persistent complaints and test complaints.
He said among the complaints that were received on the Centre, those on horticulture, health, education, railways departments topped the list.
Elaborating on the initiatives taken in curbing corruption in the country, he said, "There are many bills that are being awaited for Parliament`s clearance. Some of them are Public Procurement Bill, Whistleblowers Bill, Right to Service Bill, Judicial Accountability Bill, etc."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan