Over 35% complaints relate to `grand corruption` issues: CVC
Chennai: Over 35 per cent of the complaints received by the Central Vigilance Commission are matters relating to "grand corruption" issues, wherein irregularities to the tune of several lakhs of rupees have taken place, a senior official has said.
"We have been receiving a lot of complaints. Among them, over 35 per cent of complaints belong to grand corruption issues, relating to irregularities, which run into many lakhs (of rupees)," Vigilance Commissioner R Sri Kumar told reporters at a function here yesterday.
"More than 50 per cent of the complaints the CVC receives are matters relating to the state governments in the country. We have been forwarding them to the concerned state governments," he said.
Classifying complaints received in the CVC into five categories, he named them as matters relating to personal grievances, grand corruption, corruption by state governments, persistent complaints and test complaints.
He said among the complaints that were received on the Centre, those on horticulture, health, education, railways departments topped the list.
Elaborating on the initiatives taken in curbing corruption in the country, he said, "There are many bills that are being awaited for Parliament`s clearance. Some of them are Public Procurement Bill, Whistleblowers Bill, Right to Service Bill, Judicial Accountability Bill, etc."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Five nations pull out of SAARC Summit to express solidarity with India over Uri attack
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof