Over 35% complaints relate to `grand corruption` issues: CVC
Chennai: Over 35 per cent of the complaints received by the Central Vigilance Commission are matters relating to "grand corruption" issues, wherein irregularities to the tune of several lakhs of rupees have taken place, a senior official has said.
"We have been receiving a lot of complaints. Among them, over 35 per cent of complaints belong to grand corruption issues, relating to irregularities, which run into many lakhs (of rupees)," Vigilance Commissioner R Sri Kumar told reporters at a function here yesterday.
"More than 50 per cent of the complaints the CVC receives are matters relating to the state governments in the country. We have been forwarding them to the concerned state governments," he said.
Classifying complaints received in the CVC into five categories, he named them as matters relating to personal grievances, grand corruption, corruption by state governments, persistent complaints and test complaints.
He said among the complaints that were received on the Centre, those on horticulture, health, education, railways departments topped the list.
Elaborating on the initiatives taken in curbing corruption in the country, he said, "There are many bills that are being awaited for Parliament`s clearance. Some of them are Public Procurement Bill, Whistleblowers Bill, Right to Service Bill, Judicial Accountability Bill, etc."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- TERI panel finds RK Pachauri guilty in sexual harassment case
- Rajasthan: High Court raps Chief Secy, DGP for failing to end Gujjar agitation
- Erstwhile Mysuru kingdom gets new king
- Priyanka, Ranveer talk about their film 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi
- Meet 92-year-old Phyllis Sues who dances toTango
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Pakistan break Team India's long-standing ODI record at home soil
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi, triggers tie-up speculation
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29
- Gujarat Board Results 2015: Gujarat Board HSC class 12th science results to be declared today at 9 AM on gseb.org
- CBSE (cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in) Class 10th (X Board) Result 2015 declared
- Watch: Dance guru Prabhudheva's mind-blowing act in 'Happy Hour' from 'ABCD2'!
- CBSE Board Results 2015: Class 10 Results to be declared on May 28 on cbse.nic.in