Protest against arrest of fishermen by Lankan Navy
Rameswaram: Fishermen from Pamban coastal village in Rameswaram on Tuesday decided to boycott fishing indefinitely, demanding release of 35 of their fellowmen arrested by Sri Lankan navy on charges of violating the International Maritime Boundary Line.
The fishermen also held a demonstration standing in the sea for a few hours as part of their protest.
They urged the authorities to take urgent steps for the release of the fishermen, arrested yesterday while fishing in the Palk Strait. The Lankan navy allegedly also seized their boats.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part IV
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan?
- Bihar class 10th result 2016 declared; check Bihar Board Matric class 10 Results 2016 on biharboard.bih.nic.in
- Love is blind, like literally! Riteish Deshmukh's 'Housefull 3' proves it - Pic Inside
- Dance with the devil: What Manchester United under Jose Mourinho might be like
- Like seriously! Sohail Khan to replace Mika Singh on 'Comedy Nights Live'?
- Meet Facebook's North Korean cousin!