Protest against arrest of fishermen by Lankan Navy
Rameswaram: Fishermen from Pamban coastal village in Rameswaram on Tuesday decided to boycott fishing indefinitely, demanding release of 35 of their fellowmen arrested by Sri Lankan navy on charges of violating the International Maritime Boundary Line.
The fishermen also held a demonstration standing in the sea for a few hours as part of their protest.
They urged the authorities to take urgent steps for the release of the fishermen, arrested yesterday while fishing in the Palk Strait. The Lankan navy allegedly also seized their boats.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference