TN fisherman serving life term dies in Lanka
Ramanathapuram: A 62-year old Tamil Nadu fisherman, undergoing life imprisonment in Sri Lanka for alleged smuggling of brown sugar in 2004, has died of heart attack, police said.
Thangaraj of Perungulam in the district, lodged in a prison in Colombo, died last evening, according to official information received by his family members and state Marine Police here on Monday.
The family members appealed to the district administration to arrange for bringing Thangaraj`s body to his native village.
Thangaraj, arrested in Thalaimannar in Sri Lanka, was convicted and sentenced to life term by a local court, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed