Chandigarh police inspector stabbed to death
Chandigarh: An inspector of the Chandigarh Police was stabbed to death by a youth in the early hours of Saturday, police said.
Inspector Sucha Singh succumbed to the stab injuries at the Post-Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER) here on Saturday morning.
The incident took place just a few meters away from the Sector 17 police station in the heart of the city.
A police constable was also injured in the attack by the unidentified youth.
Police sources said that the inspector, who was in a police Gypsy, had stopped the youth near the district court complex around 3 am on Saturday.
The youth was being taken in the vehicle to the nearby police station when he attacked the inspector with a sharp-edged weapon.
Sources said that after the attack, the youth drove away in the police Gypsy. The vehicle was later found near Dhanas village on the outskirts of this union territory.
"We are investigating various angles behind this incident," a senior police officer told a news agency.
Sucha Singh was posted in the Traffic wing of the Chandigarh police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you