Chandigarh police inspector stabbed to death
Chandigarh: An inspector of the Chandigarh Police was stabbed to death by a youth in the early hours of Saturday, police said.
Inspector Sucha Singh succumbed to the stab injuries at the Post-Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER) here on Saturday morning.
The incident took place just a few meters away from the Sector 17 police station in the heart of the city.
A police constable was also injured in the attack by the unidentified youth.
Police sources said that the inspector, who was in a police Gypsy, had stopped the youth near the district court complex around 3 am on Saturday.
The youth was being taken in the vehicle to the nearby police station when he attacked the inspector with a sharp-edged weapon.
Sources said that after the attack, the youth drove away in the police Gypsy. The vehicle was later found near Dhanas village on the outskirts of this union territory.
"We are investigating various angles behind this incident," a senior police officer told a news agency.
Sucha Singh was posted in the Traffic wing of the Chandigarh police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian captain to hit double century in away Test
- 2016 Rio Olympics: Russia bids to avoid ban as IOC reports new test failures
- What did she do that people tied her with rope and handed over to police? - Must read
- Assam flood situation grim, close to 3 lakh remain affected
- Sam Allardyce gets England job at second time of asking