Chandigarh police inspector stabbed to death
Chandigarh: An inspector of the Chandigarh Police was stabbed to death by a youth in the early hours of Saturday, police said.
Inspector Sucha Singh succumbed to the stab injuries at the Post-Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER) here on Saturday morning.
The incident took place just a few meters away from the Sector 17 police station in the heart of the city.
A police constable was also injured in the attack by the unidentified youth.
Police sources said that the inspector, who was in a police Gypsy, had stopped the youth near the district court complex around 3 am on Saturday.
The youth was being taken in the vehicle to the nearby police station when he attacked the inspector with a sharp-edged weapon.
Sources said that after the attack, the youth drove away in the police Gypsy. The vehicle was later found near Dhanas village on the outskirts of this union territory.
"We are investigating various angles behind this incident," a senior police officer told a news agency.
Sucha Singh was posted in the Traffic wing of the Chandigarh police.
- Rupee has appreciated in real terms since 2014
- Vijay Mallya's resignation from Rajya Sabha rejected; panel recommends expulsion
- Call drops: Telecom companies under heavy debt, SC told
- This is why government unable to ink Rafale fighter jet deal!
- Parliament panel set to recommend Vijay Mallya's expulsion from Rajya Sabha