100 taken ill after consuming food at wedding
Balrampur (UP): At least 100 people, including 45 children, were taken ill after consuming contaminated food during a marriage ceremony in Mehandi-Parwa village, police said here today.
The victims fell ill soon after eating the food served at the wedding yesterday, police said.
They were admitted to the district hospital where condition of 35 people was said to be serious.
A doctor at the district hospital said majority of the patients have been discharged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi