Badaun gang-rape: HC reserves order on PIL seeking CBI probe
Lucknow: The Allahabad High Court on Wednesday reserved its order on a PIL seeking direction for a CBI probe into the gang-rape and murder case of two teenaged cousin sisters in Badaun district.
The order was reserved by a vacation bench of justices Imtiyaz Murtaza and Rajan Roy here on the PIL filed by NGO `We the People` through its general secretary Prince Lenin.
On behalf of the Uttar Pradesh government, Additional Advocate General Bulbul Godiyal submitted that the CBI has accepted the government`s request for a probe by the agency.
She said adequate security has been provided to the family members of the victims as well as the witnesses.
The petitioner`s counsel, while citing earlier ruling of the High Court, prayed that a time-frame should be fixed for the inquiry.
The UP government had earlier submitted the copy of the notification recommending CBI probe into the incident through AAG Godiyal.
The petitioner also submitted the copies of FIR and post-mortem reports.
The petitioner had sought direction for a CBI probe into the Badaun incident as well as action against the erring police officers concerned, besides providing adequate security to the family members of the victims.
The two teenaged girls, who were cousins aged 14 and 15 years, were allegedly gangraped and murdered with their bodies found hanging from a mango tree, a day after they went missing on May 27, in a village in Ushait area in Badaun.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- Here’s how you can make sex steamy, longer!