Badaun gang-rape: HC reserves order on PIL seeking CBI probe
Lucknow: The Allahabad High Court on Wednesday reserved its order on a PIL seeking direction for a CBI probe into the gang-rape and murder case of two teenaged cousin sisters in Badaun district.
The order was reserved by a vacation bench of justices Imtiyaz Murtaza and Rajan Roy here on the PIL filed by NGO `We the People` through its general secretary Prince Lenin.
On behalf of the Uttar Pradesh government, Additional Advocate General Bulbul Godiyal submitted that the CBI has accepted the government`s request for a probe by the agency.
She said adequate security has been provided to the family members of the victims as well as the witnesses.
The petitioner`s counsel, while citing earlier ruling of the High Court, prayed that a time-frame should be fixed for the inquiry.
The UP government had earlier submitted the copy of the notification recommending CBI probe into the incident through AAG Godiyal.
The petitioner also submitted the copies of FIR and post-mortem reports.
The petitioner had sought direction for a CBI probe into the Badaun incident as well as action against the erring police officers concerned, besides providing adequate security to the family members of the victims.
The two teenaged girls, who were cousins aged 14 and 15 years, were allegedly gangraped and murdered with their bodies found hanging from a mango tree, a day after they went missing on May 27, in a village in Ushait area in Badaun.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!