Corruption at its peak during Akhilesh govt: SP MLA
Ballia (UP): In an embarrassment to SP government in Uttar Pradesh, a ruling party MLA on Friday alleged that corruption during Akhilesh Yadav regime has surpassed the record set during Mayawati`s tenure.
Attacking the government for the second time this week, Mohammad Rizvi, MLA from Sikandarpur in Ballia district, said, "Officers posted at fifth floor (of CM`s secretariat) are not listening to MLAs` grievances and are misleading the chief minister.
"Akhilesh has failed to keep a check on them and they are even not paying heed to his directions," Rizvi told reporters.
Rizvi said corruption was rampant in the present government "and it has broken all records...Even corruption during Mayawati`s regime."
He alleged that the chief minister lacked "will power and sternness" to run his government, saying this can botch political prospects of party supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav in becoming the Prime Minister.
The MLA also advised two ministers - Ambika Chowdhury and Ram Govind Chowdhury - from the district to hold a review meeting with party leaders to know the ground reality.
"If workers are not heard, how will they work for the party," he asked.
Revenue Minister Ambika Chowdhury, when asked about the MLA`s charge, said he had always heard whatever matter Rizvi had brought to his notice and added that charges of rise in corruption in the present regime were "baseless".
Earlier this week, the MLA had claimed that corruption was rampant in the Ballia district and BSP workers were getting their work done by paying bribe to the government officials.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video